You do not need to contact me to ask permission to print a bunch of my coloring pages for your school, church, or free event. I am glad to offer them. Please use the Paypal button to make your donation. See the permissions and restrictions statement in the footer for more details.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Aesop's Fable Coloring Page, The Milk Maid, Don't Count Your Eggs Before They Hatch

Print and color Aesop's Fable Page. Parents, teachers, and homeschool families will find many ways to use this printable coloring picture. It can be used in class or at home, or as part of an after-school club.

The picture illustrates Aesop's Fable of the Milkmaid, who planned to sell her milk and buy eggs she hoped to hatch and raise the chickens to sell. As she was fantasizing about how she would spend her profits. She imagined flaunting a new dress in front of the town girls, but being caught up in the image, she tossed her head as she would when wearing her dress. Of course, her milk which she was carrying on her head, fell, and she lost it all. So the moral is don't count your chickens before they hatch.

The picture has a lot of places where a young artist could get creative.

I had to draw it over four times before I got it right. I may have overdone the landscape a bit. I wanted it to have a Mediterranean scene.

If you have trouble printing the image below or are printing on A-4 sized paper, CLICK HERE to visit my how-to-print page. I have some helpful tips for you there. There is a link below that may print better if you have problems.


The milkmaid fable to print and color.
Free Aesop's Fable Coloring Page. The Milkmaid. 

You may print as many of my coloring pages as you can use. Use the Paypal button to make your donation.


CLICK HERE for a file in PDF format (recommended).

Here is a website with more Aesop's fables with audio. 

Here is a link to another Aesop's fables website with more to choose from.

* * * * *


(c) Adron D.2/3/14